Invitation to Annual Ordinary General Meeting
The Board of Directors of Sohar Power Company SAOG. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is pleased to invite the Shareholders of the Company to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held at [3.00] pm on Tuesday 27 March 2018 at Qurum Resort, Muscat, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, to consider the following agendas:
- To consider and approve the Board of Directors’ Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2017.
- To consider and approve the Corporate Governance Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2017
- To consider the Auditors’ Report and approve the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2017.
- To consider and note the transactions carried out by the Company with related parties during the financial year ended 31 December 2017 (as in Annexure).
- To consider and approve the transactions that will carry out by the Company with related parties for the financial year ending 31 December 2018 (as in Annexure).
- To consider and ratify the Board and Committees’ sitting fees for the preceding year and specify the Board and Committees sitting fees for the coming year (as in Annexure).
- To consider and approve the proposal to distribute OMR 13,000 to the Board of Directors as remuneration for the financial year ended 31 December 2017.
- To notify the meeting with the donation mode by the Company on account of corporate social responsibility during the financial year ended 31 December 2017 ( as in annexure)
- To consider and approve the proposal to allocate OMR 40,000 for Corporate Social Responsibility activities for the financial year ending 31 December 2018.
- To consider and approve the report of the Independent Consultant on the performance approval of the Board of director for 2017.
- To appoint an Independent Firm to evaluate the performance of the Board of Directors for the financial year ending 31 December 2018 and approve their remuneration.
- To appoint the statutory auditors for the financial year ending 31 December 2018 and approve their remuneration.
- To elect a new Board of Directors for the Company of (12 members) twelve new members (a shareholder or a non-shareholder), in line with the Articles of Association of the Company.
- Any person (shareholders or non-shareholders) who wishes to nominate herself/himself to the Board of Directors must comply with the Articles of Association of the Company and the Capital Market Authority's (CMA) requirements for directors and fill in a form that can be obtained from the website of the CMA or from the Company offices.
- The completed form should be delivered by no later than close of the business day of the Company on Thursday, 22 March 2018 to the Company offices. Any forms received after the above date shall not be considered by the Company.
- In accordance with the Company's articles of association if the candidate is a shareholder, the candidate must own a minimum of one share in the Company at the AGM date.
In accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company, every shareholder has the right to appoint any other person as his proxy to attend the meeting and vote on his behalf by authorising such person in writing, by way of a proxy card issued by the Company. Any natural person should attach to the proxy card, a copy of his ID if adult male, and passport if female or minor who are not holding IDs and a copy of a resident card or passport for non-Omanis. For juristic persons, the proxy form shall be signed by one of the authorized signatories and sealed by the company's stamp accompanied with copies of the commercial registration certificate and the specimen signature form (if any) or ID card /Residence card of the Authorized Signature.
Please attend at least 30 minutes prior to the meeting. For more information, please contact Mr. Salah Issa al Farsi , the Company's Admin Manager, telephone number +968 24400600.
Chairman Auditor Legal Advisor