Invitation to Extraordinary General Meeting & Annual Ordinary General Meeting
The Board of Directors of Sohar Power Company SAOG. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is pleased to invite the Shareholders of the Company to the Extraordinary General Meeting & the Annual General Meeting (AOGM) to be held at [5:00] pm on Thursday 26 March 2020 at the Mirage Ballroom, at Qurum Resort , Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, and in the event the quorum requirement for holding the EGM or AOGM has not been met, a second EGM or AOGM shall be held on Wednesday 1 April 2020, at the Mirage Ballroom at Qurum Resort, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman to consider the following agendas:
First: Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) agenda:
- To amend the Company's Article of Association (as attached).
Second: Annual Ordinary General Meeting (AOGM) agenda:
- To consider and approve the Board of Directors’ Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2019.
- To consider the Auditors’ Report and approve the Corporate Governance Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2019.
- To consider the Auditors’ Report and approve the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019.
- To consider and ratify the Board and Committees’ sitting fees paid during the preceding year and specify the Board and Committees sitting fees for the coming year (as in Annexure).
- To notify the meeting with the donation made by the Company on account of corporate social responsibility during the financial year ended 31 December 2019 ( as in annexure).
- To consider and approve the proposal to allocate up to OMR 40,000 for Corporate Social Responsibility activities for the financial year ending 31 December 2020.
- To appoint the statutory auditors for the financial year ending 31 December 2020 and approve their remuneration.
In accordance with the Company's Articles of Association and the Commercial Companies Law(18/2019) any shareholder may appoint any person (except members of the Board of the Company), in writing, as his proxy to attend and vote on their behalf, provided that the authorisation be made on the proxy card attached to the notice, and if the proxy represents more than one shareholder that he may not represent more than 5% of the Company's shares - excluded from this percentage are shares owned by the shareholder and his children that are minors, provided that the authorisation be made on the proxy card attached to the notice. If the authorised person is a natural person, he should attach a copy of his ID with the authorization letter for adults, or a passport for women and minors who do not have an ID or a residence card or passport for non-Omanis. For juristic persons, the proxy form should be stamped and signed by the authorised signatories and should be attached along with proxy form
Please attend at least 30 minutes prior to the meeting. For more information, please contact Mr. Salah Issa al Farsi , the Company's Admin Manager, telephone number (+968) 24400600.