Invitation to Extraordinary General Meeting & Annual Ordinary General Meeting
The Board of Directors of Sohar Power Company SAOG. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is pleased to invite the Shareholders of the Company to the Extraordinary General Meeting & the Annual General Meeting (AOGM) to be held at [3:00] pm on Tuesday 2 June 2020 through the electronic platform of the General Meetings , which you can access through the Muscat Clearing and Depository website (www.mcd.gov.om), and in the event the quorum requirement for holding the EGM or AOGM has not been met, a second EGM or AOGM shall be held on Monday 8 June 2020, to consider the following agendas:
First: Extraordinary General Meeting agenda:
- To amend the Company's Article of Association (as attached).
Second: Annual Ordinary General Meeting agenda:
- To consider and approve the Board of Directors’ Report and Financial Position for the Company for the financial year ended 31 December 2019.
- To consider the Board of Directors’ Report on the Corporate Governance Report for the financial year ended 31 December 2019.
- To consider the Auditors’ Report and approve the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019.
- To consider and ratify the Board and Committees’ sitting fees paid during the preceding year and specify the Board and Committees sitting fees for the coming year (as in Annexure).
- To consider and approve the proposal to allocate up to OMR 40,000 for Corporate Social Responsibility activities for the financial year ending 31 December 2020.
- To notify the meeting with the donation made by the Company on account of corporate social responsibility during the financial year ended 31 December 2019 (as in annexure).
- To Notify the General meeting of the company's contribution during the year to control the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) of OMR 10,000 (as in annexure)
- To appoint the statutory auditors for the financial year ending 31 December 2020 and approve their remuneration.
In accordance of the Company’s article of association and Rules for Convening General Meetings of Public Joint Stock Companies via Modern Electronic means issued by the Capital Authority Market, we would like to inform you to the following:
- Every shareholder has the right to appoint any other person as his proxy to attend the meeting and vote on his behalf through the Electronic means, Provided that the person has an investor number in the MCDC.
- Voting on any of the items on the agenda shall begin no more than three days before the date of the General Meeting until the voting process ends on the day of the meeting. In case that the shareholder balance changes by increase or decrease, the voting process will be cancelled again on the day of the General Meeting.
For more information, please contact Mr Salah Issa al Farsi, the Company's Admin Manager, telephone number (+968) 99219419.